Experiences with reflexology sessions vary from a general sense of relaxation and rest to a conscious awareness internally of the area of the body where the practitioner is working through the foot, hand or ear.
Many people experience a “lightness” or tingling in the body, as well as feelings of warmth, a sense of “opening,” or “energy moving” from the practitioner’s pressure to the specific body area or organ. There is often a physical perception of energy flowing through every organ, valve, gland, or muscle, as well as a sense of communication between each body system.
Other reactions during the session range from physical to emotional and may include:
• Perspiration of hands or feet
• Sensation of being cold or chilled
• Feeling light-headed
• Sighing deeply
• Overwhelming desire to sleep
• Disappearance of all pain and discomfort
• Loose, relaxed muscles
• Feeling like all organs are hanging freely, no longer stressed and connected