Ok so we have posted about Cosmetic Acupuncture here before, also known as Facial Rejuvenation. If you haven’t read our blogs on it already (tut-tut) click here
Our facial specialist Andrea has listened to all your moans and groans about wanting the best of both worlds. You want to dabble in invasive cosmetic procedures elsewhere (again tut-tut) and also want cosmetic Acupuncture. You want facial acupuncture and not the body points. You are already loyal to an Acupuncturist but they don’t do cosmetic so you just want the beauty side of things from someone who does.
Well, as we said, she’s heard and she’s listened and she’s just gone and learnt from THE BEST in the business, the renowned Acupuncturist and skin guru based in New York, Dr. Travall Croom, who’s clientele include Victoria Secrets models, Sports Illustrated models, musicians, actors, celebrity chefs.
With three different facial Acupuncture qualifications under her belt, Andrea has combined all the methods she has learnt from the masters in their field of study and has come up with what we feel is one of the best natural facial treatments available and is suited to almost everyone.
What can you expect from one of her facials? Well lets not beat around the bush here, she is after all an Acupuncturist, so there will be needles, lots and lots of needles! There will be Gua Sha, Facial Cupping, Serums, Oils, and her new toy the Celluma Light Therapy. Not only does the Celluma look futuristic and great on instagram, it is incredible, proven technology that works by omitting low level light therapy to help generate collagen and elastin back into your skin.
Here’s the science…..
The Celluma works to boost collagen production and to understand how, let’s quickly run through two biology basics: the Krebs Cycle and Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP).
- The Krebs cycle is what generates cellular energy inside your body. Light activation boosts the body’s natural Krebs Cycle which in turn assists in creating more ATP.
- ATP is the energy currency of all the cells in your body. When your body has sufficient ATP levels, then it has more energy to spend on restorative processes such as collagen and elastin production – these are the things your body uses to heal itself.
Light Therapy = Enhanced Krebs (energy) Cycle = Greater ATP Availability = More Collagen
When all of those good metabolic events are happening, then it results in greater outcomes beyond just collagen production. We see a cascade of benefits such as:
- Cell generation to replace old cells (mitosis)
- Reduction and prevention of cell death (apoptosis)
- Neurogenesis (new neurons)
- Development of new capillaries (angiogenesis)
- Increased blood flow
- Enhanced Nitric Oxide production
With all those great things working together, your body is optimized to heal itself. Patients who use Celluma LLLT products begin seeing:
- Skin rejuvenation and the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Accelerated healing of chronic wounds.
- General pain reduction including muscle, joint and arthritic pains.
Have we pricked your interest? Word has spread and she’s booking up fast.
Depending on your skin’s quality Andrea recommends between 10 -12 treatments. The frequency of these treatments are also dependent on your skin and Andrea will chat to you about this during your initial consultation.
Packages are available so please enquire by emailing email@example.com or call the clinic at 02-84060679