Madonna, Cher and Gwyneth Paltrow have all spoken glowingly in public about it and Cosmetic Acupuncture is not a new treatment, but its growing in popularity in this country and even more so in our clinic!
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture is a safe, painless and effective treatment for renewing the face as well as the entire body.
It’s possible to erase fine lines, reduce deep lines, and firm bags around the neck and eyes. It involves the placement of fine needles on various acupuncture points around the face, neck and eyes to stimulate the body’s natural energies, or Qi.
Facial acupuncture can increase facial tone, decrease puffiness around the eyes, as well as bring more firmness to sagging skin, enhance the radiance of the complexion and flesh out sunken areas.
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture™ is non-invasive, and draws upon the ancient Chinese wisdom related to longevity, beauty and balance.
As this treatment is not merely confined to the face, but incorporates the entire body your constitutional issues of health will also be addressed.
- May improve acne (caused by hormonal imbalance)
- Can help with symptoms associated with menopause, perimenopause, PMS and other GYN issues
- May help alleviate sinus congestion and headache
- Improve symptoms of hyper- and hypothyroidism
- Reduces symptoms of toothache, TMJ, trigeminal neuralgia, and Bell’s palsy
- Helps headaches (except severe migraine)
- Relieves diarrhoea and constipation (other digestive issues)
- Helps to alleviate oedema and puffiness
- Benefits eyes, ears and brain
- May help insomnia and dizziness
- Can improve collagen production and muscle tone
- Helps reduce bags and sagging tendencies
- Helps eliminate fine lines and diminish larger wrinkles
- Improves metabolism
- Tightens pores and brightens eyes
- Increases local blood and lymph circulation
- Improves facial color
- Reduces stress and promotes total health and well-being
Is Facial Acupuncture for Everyone?
For the vast majority of prospective clients, constitutional facial acupuncture is a safe and beneficial treatment not only for prevention of wrinkles, but also the reversal of the customary signs of ageing.
- Severe high blood pressure (it is OK when the blood pressure is under control and the patient is seeing a medical doctor)
- Severe migraines (if the patient is having a migraine only once every 3 months or so, they can receive facial acupuncture treatments)
- Be aware that it takes a patient 3 weeks to recover from laser resurfacing on the face. Do not needle during that time; wait a week after microdermabrasion.
- Botox injected within 3 months
Do not perform during:
- colds or flu;
- acute herpes outbreak; or
- acute allergic reactions
In the latter 3 instances, the patient may receive a facial acupuncture treatment once the condition has passed.
How Long is the Treatment?
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture™ involves the patient in an organic process, in which a series of treatments is necessary to achieve maximal effect. After the initial session, Andrea evaluates the patient’s response, and can then determine the number of follow-up visits that will be required.
After this evaluation—and taking into consideration other variables such as stress, diet, lifestyle, genetic inheritance, proper digestion / elimination, sleep, emotional balance, and age—it is common to prescribe between 10 and 15 treatments.
For smokers and/or people who’s skin tends to sag (i.e. manifesting jowls, “turkey wattles,” droopy eyes, etc.), it is more common to prescribe 20 treatments or more.
- 2 times a week (if possible), for 45 minutes to 1 hour; or
- 1 treatment per week, 75 minutes
Short and Long-Term Effects of Facial Acupuncture
After the first treatment, one usually observes an increased glow to the complexion, the result of increased Qi and blood flow to the face.
The person’s face appears more “open,” there is a clarity in the eyes (“clear Shen”), and the patient appears to be more rested.
A significant difference in appearance can be ascertained following the 5th to 7th treatments. This can include marked changes in wrinkles and skin tone. The impression of relaxation and calm is more pronounced—as if the person has just returned from vacation. Lifting of the jowls, neck and the eyes has begun and is usually noticeable.
With continuing treatment, constitutional issues like digestive complaints have been ameliorated or subsided. By the end of a series, the patient should look and feel younger. These results may vary slightly, depending upon how well the patient has taken care of themselves during and after the process.
Initial Appointment $150 for 90mins
Follow up Appointments $110 for 60mins
(Packages are available )
For more information or to book an Initial consultation with Andrea call 02-84060679 or visit www.nbip.com.au